Recently, I reboot a CentOS server and get the following errors.
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00: Superblock last write time is in the future. FIXED. /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00: contains a file system with errors, check forced ... /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00: ***** REBOOT LINUX ***** /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00: 217372/23602656 files (1.1% non-contiguous), 11132951/23609344 blocks Unmounting fiile systems umount: sunrpc: not found umount: /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs: not mounted umount: none: not found umount: /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc: not mounted umount: tmpfs: not found umount: /dev/shm: not mounted umount: /dev/hda1: not mounted Automatic reboot in progress.
Afterward, the server reboot again and again and again.
- Go to boot menu (maybe Press Enter in the CentOS startup screen)
- Choose a boot item and Press “e” to continue
- Select “kernel xxxxxxxxxx” and Press “e” to continue
- Add “fastboot” at the end of the line (as like as below)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-164.el5 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet hda=noprobe hdb-noprobe fastboot
- Press Enter to save
- Type “boot” and press Enter to boot again
fastboot will skip and bypass the checking for the file system.